While many people pay a lot of heed to Vastu when building themselves a home, however, what about when buying a flat? Do you need to pay attention to Vastu when buying a flat? Well, ask our expert astrologers and the answer you would be inundated with would be, Yes.
Vastu plays a crucial role in multiple aspects of one’s life and the place you do or will call home eventually is no exception. Over the years, the Indian architectural science of Vastu Shastra has been a basis for identifying and developing the best living spaces. You may believe it or not, but even today, when the builders plan to build these sky-kissing apartments and flats, they too consider abiding by Vastu Plan for flats and apartments to ensure the sale of their construction.
Over the years, the importance of the right Vastu for flats has increased immensely with the shrinking of the land bank across metropolitans barring people from the luxury of owning a Vastu compliant plot.
Well, surely we can’t help you with that, however, if you are looking to buy a brand new flat, then this blog will answer all your Vastu for flats related questions.
From which direction your kitchen should be in to which direction your bedroom must reside, we have tried to cover all such major Vastu for flats queries. However, if you have more questions to surprise us with, feel free to mention them in the comment section below.
Why Vastu for flats is Important?
While modernism has fewer people believing in Vastu but thankfully, the elders in the house have been doing their job well to turn the western-influenced population into believers in Vastu. Well, trust us when we say that complying with Vastu never hurts and will only add positivity to your life.
While Vastu dosh can lead to loss of wellbeing, financial problems, mental peace and relationship problems, right apartment Vastu, on the other hand, would help your ward off these dosh.
How to Check Vastu for Flats?
And here comes the big question. While many people like taking suggestions from pandits and Vastu consultant to understand how to check Vastu for flats, however, if you read this guide carefully, you would be able to do the job for yourself too.
With that being said, we have divided the blog into multiple sections to help you understand how you can actually check if the flat you are planning to buy is Vastu-compatible.
1. Vastu for Main Entrance
When it comes to the main door Vastu for flats, it is believed that the main door is not just for the entry of individuals but also energy. For right vibes, the main door should be constructed in a way to ensure that when you step out, you face the north, east or north-east direction.
Consider a flat with an entrance on the east and north side while avoiding flats with an entrance on the south or west side as it brings discomfort.
Also, consider these tips for Vastu for flats’ main door.
- Make sure the entry of the flat is well lit invariably.
- Don’t place a dustbin near the main entrance.
- Avoid placing a fountain or any kind of water-centric decoration outside the main door.
- No bathroom must be built near the main door.
- As per Vastu, you should not paint the main gate with black colour.
- Decorate your door with beautiful nameplates if possible.
- Ensure your main door opens in a clockwise manner.
2. Vastu For Kitchen
For Indians, the kitchen is probably the second temple. Thus getting the kitchen Vastu right is obvious. The kitchen, in Vedic science, is said to be the best place to attain better health and improve motivation. And for a kitchen to spew good vibes, there must be a balance of elements of earth, sky, air, fire, and water.
Consider these tips for the best kitchen Vastu
- As per Vastu Shastra, the Lord of Fire, i.e. Agni, resides in the southeast direction of the home. Thus, the best placement for the kitchen in a flat would be in the southeast direction.
- Also, avoid constructing the kitchen in the north, north-east or south-west directions of the home as it will ruin relationships.
- Cooking appliances that represent fire such as gas stoves, cylinders, microwave ovens, toasters, etc. must also be placed in the southeast direction.
- Vastu for kitchen sink placement is also highly crucial. As per Vastu, the outflow of water from the kitchen should be in the north, northeast and east direction.
- The water tanker, meanwhile, should be placed outside the kitchen on the western side.
- Windows are best placed in the north, east or north-east side of the kitchen.
- Kitchen Vastu advises keeping the refrigerator in the south-west direction. The placement ensures a peaceful kitchen environment.
- Storage of grains should be in the south-west direction if possible.
- Also, you can talk with our astrology experts to know about the best kitchen colours as per Vastu.
3. Vastu For Bedroom
Next on the list is the place where most people spend most of their time. Right Vastu for bedroom not only helps in nurturing the right ambience but also helps aid a good night’s sleep. Sleeping in the wrong bedroom position causes disturbed sleep resulting in depression, fatigue, increased instances of heart diseases, and more of such health woes.
Here are the best Vastu shastra tips for the bedroom in flats.
- As per Vastu for bedroom in flat, the bed must always be in the south, west or south-west corner of the bedroom in a way that one’s head must also point toward the same direction.
- You must avoid using bedsheets with geometrical designs and dark colours.
- Use plain or light coloured bed sheets in the bedroom for the best Vastu effects in the flat.
- Consider using light colours for walls in the bedroom.
- Use a wooden bed instead of a metal one as the former is more natural.
- Sleeping with legs on the east side brings name, reputation and richness to the family.
- Use chimes if you can for a soothing aura in the bedroom.
- Keep your head always towards the east or south and never to the north.
- Make sure that there is no storage under or below the bed as it disrupts the energy field causing disturbed sleep.
- If there are any mirrors or reflecting surfaces such as a TV screen, then you must get rid of them or cover them up with a cloth.
4. Vastu for Bathroom
One of the most common reasons for problems in Vastu in apartments is the wrong placement of the bathroom. The wrong placement of a bathroom can bring immense negativity thus is given the same attention as one’s bedroom or living room. Also, due to obvious reasons, one can’t change the placements of things in a bathroom most of the time. Thus, one must carefully choose a flat with toilets and bathrooms in the correct direction.
Here are some tips that you can consider if you want to check the Vastu of your bathroom:
- As per Vastu shastra, you must consider a flat with the bathroom in the north-west direction as it supports the elimination of waste.
- Use a wooden door for your bathroom for positive effects.
- Keep the bathroom door closed all the time.
- If you have the option, choose a flat wherein the bathroom is at least one or two feet higher than the ground level.
- Moreover, as per bathroom Vastu, the washbasin and shower area must be in the east, north and north-east directions.
- Make sure the toilet doesn’t share a wall with the kitchen or puja room.
- The outlet of water drainage of the toilet, as per Vastu, must be in the north, east or north-east.
- Toilet seat inside the bathroom must be in the west or north-west direction.
- The best colours for the bathroom are shades of brown, beige, cream and other earthy shades.
- If planning to make the toilet under the staircase, make sure it’s in the right direction.
5. Vastu For Pooja Room
Where should be the mandir placed in a flat as per Vastu? That sounds like an appropriate question, right?
Mandir in a home is the epicentre of positive energy. Thus, taking care of Vastu for the pooja room is highly recommended. Though many people believe that the perfect position for a mandir at home is the North-East direction (which is not wrong), however, there is one more direction where you can consider erecting the mandir.
Other than the northeast, another best direction for pooja room is the West direction. West direction in Vedic astrology is associated with Lord Varun. Lord Varun is the giver of wealth and prosperity and that is one reason why idols at most of the Hindu temples are placed in the west direction.
Here is a guide to help you understand what God should be placed in what direction of the pooja room:
- Lord Ganesha and Shiva can be placed in the North-East direction.
- The favourable direction for Lord Ram is the East direction.
- Consider placing Lord Krishna in the West direction of the house.
- Goddess Lakshmi and Durga must occupy the southeast direction of the home.
- Devi Kali in the south direction can bring prosperity.
- Lord Hanuman as per Vastu for flats must occupy the South or south eat direction.
- Meanwhile, Kul Devi/Devat must be placed in the North West direction.
Vastu for Pooja room, some tips that you can consider abiding by:
- Mandir in a flat must be constructed in a way that it has you facing in the north or the east direction as you pray.
- Don’t consider a flat with the pooja room placed under a staircase or with a wall attached to the bathroom
- Idols in the pooja room must not face each other.
- Make sure you don’t use the pooja room for any other purpose.
- Ensure that the pooja room doors and windows open out to the north or the east.
- Use vessels made of copper or brass in the pooja room as much as you can.
- Avoid pictures or paintings depicting violence in the pooja room.
- The best colours to paint the pooja room with, as per Vastu, are white, light blue, yellow or other subtle soothing shades.
6. Vastu For Living Room
While the bedroom is the place where you spend most of your time, the living room, on the other hand, is where all the major activities happen. It also portrays the first impression of you as it usually is the place for guests to meet and greet. Thus, Vastu tips for living room becomes a compulsion and here are some.
- As the living room is most probably the first room one would enter into, consider the main door in the living room is in the north, east, or north-east direction.
- Don’t paint the living room door using black colour.
- Also, as per living room Vastu, you must not place watery decoration near the living room door.
- Make sure that the living room entry is well lit.
- Heavy furniture, such as your sofa set, must be placed in the west or south-west direction.
- It’s the south-east part of the living room where electronic items such as a TV must sit.
- If dining space is a part of your living room, make sure it is in the east or south-east part of the room.
- Different rooms in a house support different colours. And for the living room, the lucky colours are lighter shades of pink, white, cream, and beige.
- Decor is the basic element for any living room. However, you must not use paintings that depict negative scenes like ships sinking, wars, etc. in the living room as they foster pain or sorrow.
7. Vastu for Balcony
As per Vastu Shastra consultant, balconies and terraces play a crucial role in balancing the energies of a house. Besides the flow of energy, balconies also ensure sufficient sunlight and ventilation. And though many of you might prioritise the sea-facing balcony more than its Vastu, however still, there are little things that you can make right to help yourself with a Vastu-friendly balcony.
- Balconies and terraces are best placed in the north, east or north-east directions of the flat.
- Moreover, one must consider avoiding flats with their balcony in the south-west or south direction.
- Placing a water fountain on the northeast side of the flat can boost positivity.
- If you plan to keep the furniture on the balcony, make sure it is on the southwest side of the home.
- East and northern sides of the terrace can be adorned with shrubs and short plants.
- Tall plants must occupy the southern or the western side of the balcony.
- Try to keep the balcony clean all the time.
- When it comes to balcony colours as per Vastu, consider using cool and pastel colours.
- If planning to add a swing in the balcony, it can be placed in the north-west direction with you facing in the east or north directions while swinging.
- The shape of the terrace must either be square or rectangular as per the Vastu.
8. Room Colour As Per Vastu
Though we have been talking a lot about the right colour for different rooms in a house throughout the blog. However, here is an overall glimpse of what is the right colours for your home based on Vastu.
- As per Vastu for bedroom, the best colour to paint the bedroom walls with is blue.
- Meanwhile, a guest or drawing room, like we have already mentioned, must be painted with light colours like white.
- The bathroom in the northwest direction must don the red or orange colour.
- Ideally, the hall should be in the north-east or north-west direction and hence, should be painted in yellow or white.
- If the flat has a kid’s room, it should be painted in white as should be in the north-west direction as the direction is governed by the moon.
- Pooja room must wear the colour yellow if possible.
- Opt for soft colours for the front door, such as white, silver or wood colour.
Also Read: 21 Best Vastu Plants That You Can Consider Decorating Your Home Sweet Home With
If you have any other query related to Vastu for flats or home, do let us know in the comment section below.