Born in August? Or even if someone special you know was born in August, then gifting them something sensible is certainly your responsibility. And to ensure you have the most decent gift handpicked (even if for yourself) is this blog that details about the August birthstone.
Gemstones make one of the most decent gifts any time of the year. However, selecting the right gemstones is kinda daunting task. Gemstones, as per AstroTalk’s astrologers, are a storehouse of energies. These energies make up for the deficit of energies that you may experience at certain times due to the change in planetary position. For example, if the good energies of the planet Moon are not reaching you because of the Rahu’s strong presence, gemstones can help in ensuring that the gap is filled.
So with that being a fact, if one born in the month of August seeks to invite the right kind of energies into their life, then thankfully, a gemstone associated with the month of August can help them. And that gemstone would be Peridot.
Peridot is a green coloured, semi-precious gemstone from the Olivine mineral family. The stone is said to be an astrological substitute for Emerald. The benefits of Peridot include intelligence enhancement, a boost in communication skills and good health.
Astrological benefits of wearing Peridot gemstone
Peridot is a famous gemstone because of its eye-pleasing pale green colour. Also, it is famous for numerous astrological benefits it offers like:
- Peridot gemstone boosts the strength and vitality of a person. It has a very calming effect and can help you in tackling stress.
- The gemstone also helps in reducing anxiety by attracting positive energies.
- If the stone is worn as a necklace, it helps in the healing of the gall balder, liver and the regions close to the liver.
- Another among the benefits of Peridot stone is that it strengthens the relationship between couples. It embeds more happiness, love, loyalty and truthfulness in you, thus helping you make better choices.
- The Peridot gemstone is also worn for clarity of thought.
- The energies that spew through this gemstone can help in the healing of lungs, breasts, spleen and lymph-related diseases.
- Wearing the stone as an amulet is very beneficial for asthma patients.
- If you are prone to negative feelings like anger, fear, depression, nervousness, anxiety, and jealousy, then the peridot stone would be very helpful.
- The stone aids good sleep, relaxes your thoughts and comforts people.
- The Peridot stone also helps you in your spiritual quests.
- Last but not the least, it looks very pleasing and aesthetic. The peridot gemstone can literally match any of your outfits and would always work as an eye turner.
Who should wear Peridot stone?
- The cosmic green colour of the Peridot stone is ruled by the planet Mercury. So if the Mercury in your kundli is too strong or simply weak, then wearing the right amount (carat) of peridot stone can really help you. We suggest you talk to astrologer to find what carat peridot you must be wearing.
- Apart from Mercury, the planet Venus also has some effect on the peridot gemstone. So, again, if the planet Venus is too strong or too weak in your chart, then you must wear Peridot.
- Zodiac signs that should wear Peridot gemstone are Leo, Virgo, Scorpio and Gemini zodiac signs.
- If you are born in the month of August, then Peridot stone would be very beneficial for you as peridot is August birthstone.
- Peridot is also worn as a substitute for Emerald gemstone. However, you must consult an astrologer before you consider making the swap.
How and when to wear the Peridot stone?
- One should never wear Peridot stone that is less than five carats.
- The stone must be worn with silver and gold, ring, necklace, amulet, etc.
- Make sure that the stone must be defect-free. This can be assured by observing the Peridot in sunlight. The purest peridot is said to be transparent, clean and smooth in texture. Certification would also help in assuring you of the quality of the stone.
- Also, there should not be any kind of bubble, creak or scratch on the stone. If there is one, don’t wear it.
- The best day to wear the peridot stone is on Wednesday.
- Chant the mantra – “Om sah shanicharaye namah” – when wearing the stone.
- An auspicious day and nakshatra is chosen by the name of the wearer, date of birth and place to wear the stone.
Can Peridot gemstone help in healing diseases?
Peridot gemstone can help you in healing a number of diseases and complications like:
- The Peridot gemstone resembles the Heart chakra so wearing the stone helps in preventing heart-related complications. It helps in preventing strokes and guards you against life-threatening heart diseases.
- As per the astrologers, Peridot works as a natural healer when it comes to problems related to liver, gallbladder and digestion.
- The gemstone also helps in speeding up the metabolism in the human body.
- Peridot stone deals with rashes and preventing other major skin issues. The stone adds a natural glow to the skin of the native.
- The stone is best known to help fight asthma-related problems.
- Live and gall bladder are other body parts where the stone proves to be very effective.
On which finger should I wear the peridot gemstone?
The Peridot stone must be worn on the little finger. However, some astrologers also recommend that the native wear it on the ring finger depending upon your kundli.
How do I clean the Peridot gemstone?
In order to clean the Peridot gemstone, take some warm water or mild soapy water and use the same for cleaning the stone. The Peridot gemstone is very prone to temperature changes and thus can be damaged easily. Thus, you shouldn’t dip it in water that is too hot. Also, protect the stone from scratches and sharp blows and avoid any contact with chemicals. Peridots should not be cleaned in ultrasonic or steam cleaners.
Price of Peridot gemstone
Peridots are found in many different countries including, Norway, Arizona, Tanzania, Sri Lanka and more. Their character, look and energy content change as per the country of origin. Though the stone is quite affordable, but choosing which one or what carats to get yourself is sometimes a tough question to decipher. Thus we suggest you talk to astrologer to find what type of Peridot would suit you the best. This will help you reap the best benefits of peridot gemstone.
Coming back to the price, the price of Peridot stone depends on its texture and country of origin. For example, a peridot stone with low to medium colour costs somewhere between Rs 500 to Rs 1000 per carat. However, the stone that is exceptional in colour costs between Rs 1000 – 2000 per carat.
Well, that is all for now, you can talk to our astrologers to find more information on Peridot stone benefits. For more, find us on Instagram.