Founded in 2015 and based in California, TruthFinder offers online background checks through a customer subscription service. The company is rated A+ by the BBB. TruthFinder is not FCRA compliant, so it cannot be used to screen employees or tenants, or verify credit or insurance eligibility, etc. TruthFinder can be used to conduct detailed personal background checks on neighbors, friends and relatives, former classmates, and more. In October 2017, they had more than 40 million visits to their website, nearly 90 percent of which came from the United States.
Have you met a friend recently and wanted to run a background check on that person?
If yes, then Truthfinder background check services are for you. Truth discoveries about some of your friends and family members can be shocking. This requires extra care when using background check services like Truthfinder. Let’s take a look at whether Truthfinder is legit and some of his services.
What is Truthfinder?
Truthfinder offers background check services. This is one of the best services you can use to conduct background checks on people around you. It provides accurate information and is appreciated for its easy-to-use interface.
It’s easy to find any background check service, but it’s hard to find one you can trust that will give you what you’re looking for. Truthfinder has a deep base of updated information to deliver the best inspection reports in both formal and informal situations.
Some of the information you can get using Truthfinder include email accounts, phone numbers, addresses, relatives, court judgments, court cases, marriages, social media accounts and their criminal records.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Truthfinder was founded in 2015. Although relatively new, it has taken full advantage of the web content and information available online. It tries to keep your searches and information private, which is what makes it stand out.
1. Depth and length of information – For most searches, Truthfinder will provide information going back 15 years. This shows the depth of the information database. If your friends have been away from you for that long, you’ll be able to figure out what they’ve been up to during that time.
2. Social Media Links – You know that social media plays an important role in today’s world. People use social media instead of local calls and texts. Truthfinder will provide you with links to their social media accounts, which you can expand to see their user ID, profile picture, and recent content.
3. Organized Information – There is nothing more enjoyable than having well-organized in-depth information. Without organization, you cannot understand the information revealed. Truthfinder operates using navigation menus, which will help you get well-organized information.
4. Content – One of the features that makes Truthfinder stand out is the content. Its content or message is deep and broad. You can view contact information and direct links to the social media accounts you search for.
5. Various Search Parameters – The platform is easy to use and analyze, even if you are just starting out with it. It ensures that you don’t get confused about how to search. There are various parameters such as first name, last name, city, state, etc. that can be used to conduct a search.
6. Mobile Compatibility – Truthfinder is available for mobile platforms like Android and iOS. You can always search on your phone and get the results in a report.
7. Recent Information – In addition to having in-depth information dating back 15 years, you can also get recent contact information through Truthfinder. This will be seen in your reports, and you do not alone decide how the information in your reports is used.
The site is slow, especially during the registration process
Requires purchase of an upgrade to access all information
Purchase of upgrade required to search by phone, email or address
Overall Rating: 4.3 / 5 (Excellent)
What does Truthfinder offer?
1. An easy-to-use platform
Truthfinder background reports won’t let you struggle to understand them. They can even be understood and accessed from your mobile phone. You don’t need to set up a computer to access your reports.
Truthfinder is transparent about how you use information obtained from its website. Other companies involved in background check services rarely do so.
The FCRA, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act, clearly states that information obtained from routine background checks is illegal. This makes it inappropriate and illegal to use this information to evaluate housing candidates or potential employees, even if such persons’ criminal records can be seen.
3. Accurate and current contact information
4. Teaching video
5. Detailed report
After paying the fee, you can finally view the report. Reports are clear, organized and easy to read. You can view them at the TruthFinder.com website, or download a PDF for a fee. Assuming you sign up for the default option, you have access to unlimited “Standard” reports. Standard reports include the following information:
name and alias
age and date of birth
Social and Dating Profiles
education and work
Criminal Records (State and Local)
sex offenders in the area
Government Licensing Information
If you need more information, TruthFinder sells you an “Advanced” report with more information:
Their most popular plan is to pay $27.78 per month for an unlimited number of standard reports. If you think you’ll be using it for more than a month, you can buy it 1+ month in advance and get a discount. For example, you can get 2 months for $46.04, or $23.02 per month.
Note that this pricing is only available for standard reports. To get advanced reports we have to pay an additional $17.47. To find the owner information of a phone number, we have to pay $1.99 per month. To find ownership information for email addresses, we had to pay $4.99 per month. To get the standard report in PDF format, we have to pay $2.00. It felt like we were being “nickeled and darkened”, which in some cases added significantly to the overall cost.
Although the cost is increasing, it is already clear what we have to pay. Your credit card statement will read “TRTHFDR*TruthFinder.com,” so it should be easy to recognize the charge when you see it. The only payment options are with Visa or Mastercard credit/debit/prepaid cards, and the security is 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
We like almost everything we see from TruthFinder. They provide accurate, comprehensive, and detailed reports and search not only public data but also the deep web, photos, and social networks. Given the high quality of reports, we like that we can retrieve an unlimited number of reports. They have some interesting features like data monitoring and an easy opt-out feature. Their customer service is excellent, very friendly, and their prices are fair. Our only complaints are that the site is slow (especially during the registration process) and the user interface is sometimes confusing.